Arts and Culture El Dorado is delighted to welcome submissions for its tumble 2021 exhibition, A home of their have: Women Artists of the Sierra. The invitational and juried exhibition carves out focused place for women creators throughout El Dorado County to air their imaginative voices.
- Dimension restrict: artwork have to not exceed 72 inches together with body, stand and all products.
- Large-resolution images of each individual do the job to be viewed as, greatest five will work.
- Open to all visual arts media.
- Authentic artwork only. No giclées or reproductions. Editions are acceptable if they are primary is effective these as printmaking, photography or confined first digital art.
- Wall mounted artworks have to have durable hanging wire and D-rings securely hooked up prior to delivery.
- Wall mounted artworks could be framed or displayed without having framing if ideal components is presented.
The application deadline is Sept. 1. Visit artsandcultureeldorado.org/a-space-of-their-have-software.
Artists will receive a affirmation that their submission has been obtained. Recognize of acceptance to the exhibition will be been given no afterwards than a person 7 days next the submission deadline.
The title of the present, A Room of Their Individual, is a reference to the seminal essay “A Area of One’s Own” (1929) by Virgina Woolf, which attracts a url between the social, political and economic limitations placed on ladies and the equally restricted constraints to their innovative work and prospects for professional achievement. While the essay was penned just about 100 yrs back, ladies artists of all communities even now battle to obtain recognition and validation for their innovative get the job done.
Motivated by the 101st anniversary of Women’s suffrage in the U.S., A Space of Their Own is a nod to the hard do the job of women of all ages previous and the continued do the job toward agency and fairness. With this in brain, Arts and Lifestyle El Dorado is having this option to open up the gallery to the myriad inventive voices of females artists in the broader group.