LAFAYETTE — The Tippecanoe Arts Federation invites artwork submissions for Curiosity Cabinet, an exhibition of oddities, science, and superstitions.
Selected artworks will be on see Nov. 5-24 at the Tippecanoe Arts Federation. The deadline to post artwork for thought is September 15, 2021.
Inspired by the classic cupboards of speculate, Curiosity Cabinet will show the perform of artists who are encouraged by all points odd. Two- and 3-dimensional artwork is sought for an installation that showcases do the job in the veins of fantasy, science fiction, and pop lifestyle.
Artists wishing to utilize must submit an on line Entry Type no later on than 5 pm (EST) on September 15, 2021.
- Submission Deadline: September 15, 2021, 5 pm (EST)
- Artist Notification: September 30, 2021
- Artwork Shipping and delivery to TAF: October 25 – 29, 2021
- Exhibition Opening Reception: November 5, 2021
- Exhibition on Check out November: 5 – 24, 2021
- Artwork Decide on Up: November 29 – December 2, 2021
This prospect is open to any artist who life or operates in the counties of Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Newton, Montgomery, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren, and White.
Displayed artwork may possibly be any 2-D or 3-D media. Suitable media involve, but are not restricted to: drawing, portray, pictures, mixed media, oil/chalk pastels, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, assemblage, digital art, collage, metal operate, jewellery design, fiber/textile art, wood work, and present-day craft.
Though TAF hopes to display a various array of artwork by the Curiosity Cupboard exhibition, room might be minimal relying on the variety of entries obtained. Hence, TAF will use the following criteria when deciding upon items for this exhibition:
1. Artistic Advantage – The submitted artwork’s relevance to the exhibition’s theme and the amount of originality in its concept and expression.
2. Specialized Ability & Execution – the submitted artwork’s commitment to or experimentation with a particular method does the artist correctly make use of the strategy(s) and media they have picked out?
3. Professionalism – The extent to which the artist’s entry form is entire and precise the quality of the artwork impression(s) submitted.
4. Suitability – The submission is reasonably suitable for all audiences and exhibition in a general public environment.
Artists wishing to implement should really post an on the web Entry Sort no afterwards than 5 pm (EST) on September 15, 2021. Please notice just about every artist is minimal to five (5) visuals per submission.
This exhibition will be in the Northwest Gallery at the Wells Neighborhood Cultural Middle, which is owned and operated by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation.
Situated at the coronary heart of the Lafayette-West Lafayette Neighborhood at 638 North St., the building serves as an anchor facility for the state-selected Tippecanoe Arts & Cultural District. A present from Dr. Albert Wells to the Town of Lafayette in 1926, this creating served for several decades as the principal department of the Tippecanoe County Public Library.
Showcasing three galleries, the Wells Neighborhood Cultural Middle is now the hub of art sources and chances for the Larger Lafayette Community and North Central Indiana area.
In addition to exhibition room, the Wells Creating serves as multi-use cultural facility providing area artists and arts organizations with performance, rehearsal, meeting and storage space. The purpose of the TAF Galleries is to present alternatives for artists from north central Indiana to screen their first artwork.
For much more information and facts, get in touch with Ann Fields Monical, chief running officer, Tippecanoe Arts Federation, at 765-423-2787 or electronic mail [email protected].