The Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber will host an art contest and showcase the winners in their yearly local community publication.
Just about every yr, the Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber – a business enterprise corporation for the perimeter location – generates a Dunwoody Neighborhood Guide in equally print and electronic formats. For the 2022 edition, the chamber ideas to showcase Dunwoody’s arts local community by keeping a competition, in accordance to a push launch.
“Art provides a vital dimension to our metropolis and is an vital ingredient in developing a sense of neighborhood,” stated Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber President and CEO Stephanie Freeman in the push release. “This artwork contest signifies a inventive possibility for the Chamber to associate with our metropolis in a one of a kind way.”
The contest is open up to all Dunwoody citizens, together with students in grades kindergarten by 12th quality. The contest concept is “Get to Know Dunwoody,” and contributors are encouraged to replicate on places, men and women and everything else that will make them assume of Dunwoody.
The deadline to submit your artwork is Sep. 20. Only paintings and drawings will be approved. A photo of the artwork really should be emailed to [email protected], and involve the title of the artist, the faculty and quality degree if the artist is a pupil, mailing deal with, electronic mail deal with, and mobile phone selection. Winners will be selected by Sep. 27.
Recommendations for submitting artwork can be identified underneath:
- Good lights: mild your get the job done effectively. If you are shooting your do the job indoors, do so in a place with a great deal of windows and all-natural light. Keep away from shadows falling on the artwork.
- Consider the photograph straight on (prevent angles) – Hold your artwork on the wall (ideally a white or neutral colored wall). Stay away from leaning it up in opposition to a wall and capturing from a downward angle.
- Use a tripod to acquire the photograph (if you can).
- Go away a house all over the artwork for cropping later in the structure.
- Deliver the maximum good quality of image — great resolution, the very least compression, and most important dimension (if possible absolutely nothing under 10MB — jpeg/tiff are good formats to function with).
- Ship the artwork as an attachment (not embedded in an e mail).
- Regulate your digicam and configurations.
- Edit your pictures to perfection.