NEW ORLEANS (push launch) – The George Rodrigue Foundation of the Arts (GRFA) announced nowadays the topic for this year’s Visual Arts and Songwriting Contest – “Louisiana’s Culinary Heritage,” resurrecting the broadly well-known topic from the foundation’s 2013 Arts Contest and increasing submission possibilities with its 3rd yearly Songwriting Contest (in partnership with the Trombone Shorty Foundation). Louisiana high college juniors and seniors are invited to create a perform of art or song representing our state’s special culinary heritage, honoring its festivals, dishes and area elements. The 2022 contest winners will share $25,000 in higher education scholarships and have their artwork and/or song lyrics showcased in GRFA’s second cookbook, The Pot & the Palette Cookbook II.
Visible artwork and song submission apps are now open up at www.rodriguefoundation.org. Deadline for entry submission is Friday, January 28, 2022.
The Pot & the Palette Cookbook II (based mostly on the first 2013 The Pot & the Palette Cookbook) will feature recipes from Louisiana cooks, musicians and neighborhood celebs alongside illustrations and song lyrics from this year’s Arts and Songwriting Contest winners. The cookbook will debut in Drop 2022.
“We’re thrilled to bring back again ‘Louisiana’s Culinary Heritage’ as this year’s topic and see student’s innovative usually takes – both in art and song— on what makes the flavors of Louisiana so exceptional,” mentioned Jacques Rodrigue, Executive Director of GRFA. “The Pot & the Palette Cookbook is a wonderful representation of Louisiana art and delicacies, and we’re enthusiastic to grow the assortment with our next cookbook and showcase new artwork, tracks and amazing Louisiana recipes!”
For artist George Rodrigue, the culinary heritage of Louisiana was a recurring topic during his profession. He painted portraits of cooks, the two perfectly-recognized and obscure, and documented unique Cajun culinary traditions such as the Aioli Meal (1971) and The Wonderful Cajun Omelet (1984). He also owned several beloved dining places all over his existence and generated several productive cookbooks including award-profitable The Pot & the Palette Cookbook in 2013, which options artwork from winners of GRFA’s 2013 Annual Scholarship Art Contest.
Visual ARTS Competitors:
All high school juniors and seniors in the point out of Louisiana are suitable to apply. Contest judges will choose 10 finalists to share $19,000 in university scholarships. Pursuing the Scholarship Awards Luncheon (date TBD), the successful entries will be highlighted in The Pot & the Palette Cookbook II (on stands Fall 2022).
Particular person artwork will be judged on the subsequent three requirements:
- Concept/Design: Does the artwork tackle the concept in a obvious and creative way? (1/3 score) 2. Specialized Talent: Does the artwork clearly show an knowing of visual artwork ideas this kind of as use of color, shading, light-weight, and variety? (1/3 score)
- Creativeness: Does the artwork showcase an initial level of check out? Does it supply a fresh perspective on the concept? (1/3 score)
All substantial school juniors and seniors in the condition of Louisiana are qualified to use. A variety of three finalists will share $6,000 in college or university scholarships. Pursuing the Scholarship Awards Luncheon (date TBD), finalists’ tune lyrics will be showcased in The Pot & the Palette Cookbook II (on stands Tumble 2022).
Song submissions will be judged on the following requirements:
- Composition and Composition: Does the track have obviously identifiable sections (verse, chorus, and so forth.)? Is the tune amongst 2-5 minutes? Does the track have a very clear topic and cohesive composition? Does the tunes have an identifiable rhyme scheme or sample? (1/3 score)
- Melody: Does the music have continuity and coherence in melody, as effectively as tone and fashion? Does the track present a little something distinctive, different, and absolutely initial? Does the music continue to keep the listener intrigued and engaged? (1/3 score)
- Lyrics: Are the lyrics artistic and primary? Do they inspire an emotional or visceral response from the listener? Do the tunes and lyrics suit collectively in a cohesive way? (1/3 rating)
Louisiana is an international culinary melting pot and has reflected a cultural history of adventurous delicacies for many hundreds of years. Statewide, we boast superb dining establishments, festivals and food-concentrated activities. Uniquely, Louisiana yields seafood, wild match and make, giving property cooks and cooks with a wide wide variety of new community elements. These indigenous methods enhance Louisiana’s cultural “gumbo” of French, Spanish, African, Italian and German flavors, influencing the meals we “live to eat.”
For a lot more information on GRFA’s 2022 Art/Songwriting contest, you should visit www.rodriguefoundation.org. Signal up for our mailing record to get updates on The Pot & the Palette Cookbook II, pre-orders and extra!